This practicum aims to help its participants build:
- An introduction to the field of composition and writing pedagogy;
- A teaching practice that builds on theoretical and historical insights of scholars in the field;
- An intellectual community for writers and teachers;
- A working portfolio of course documents, writing assignments, lesson plans, etc. for teaching writing in composition and non-composition classes;
- An appreciation of the needs and abilities of our students at Queens;
- An understanding of how first year writing operates within the institution of higher education;
- A scholarly practice that informs—and is informed by—our work as teachers.